Extreme Survivors tells of the most daring escapes, famous shipwrecks, and ultimate survival stories. These are astonishing stories of human endurance and endeavour.
– The Miracle of Stairway B, and how 16 people managed to escape death in the Twin Towers on 9/11.
– The infamous story of the Montevideo rugby union team’s plane crash in the Andes, and their subsequent admission of cannibalism – 2012 is the 40th anniversary of the crash.
– Mary Queen of Scots and her escape from a remote Scottish castle.
– Three men pull off what is possibly the only successful escape from Alcatraz.
– Henri Charrière’s (Papillon) five escape attempts from the Devil’s Island penal colony.
– The story of Dith Pran, the Cambodian journalist who escaped the genocide of Pol Pot.
– How the German soldier Cornelius Rost escaped from a labour camp in Siberia and trekked for 3 years to Iran.
– Ernest Shackleton’s incredible journey to South Georgia to save every man on an expedition.
– The story of 18 year old William Shotton and how he navigated his ship after most of the crew perished from a mystery disease in 1893.
– Naheeda Bi’s ten years in captivity after her notorious tribal kidnapping in Pakistan.
– The dramatic rescue of Íngrid Betancourt by Colombian security forces after six years as a hostage.